Our school milk scheme
As part of our Healthy Schools initiative, we offer chilled milk which is free for children under five and subsidised for all other primary aged children. All children must be registered with our provider, Cool Milk, in order to receive their daily milk.
“How much does it cost?”
Thanks to government subsidies, school milk is free for all under-fives and is subsided at around £15 a term for children aged five or older.
“Why should I register my child?”
School milk provides your child with essential nutrients such as calcium and protein, for strong, healthy teeth and bones. It is also rehydrating and energy boosting, helping to bridge the long gap between breakfast and lunch so children stay focused.
“How do I register my child?”
If your child is under five-
1. Go to www.coolmilk.com or pick up a form from school.
2. Just register by a Tuesday for your child’s free milk to start the following week.
3. Free milk will continue until the Friday before your child’s fifth birthday. You will receive a payment request three weeks before this time- if you wish for your child to continue to receive school milk simply make a payment.
If your child is over five-
1. Go to www.coolmilk.com
2. Pay Cool Milk online, over the phone, at a local PayPoint or by cheque in instalments to suit you. If registering online, you can pay straight away. If using a registration form, you will need to wait to receive a payment request.
3. Just pay by a Tuesday for your child’s milk to start the following week.
“How do I find out more?”
Visit www.coolmilk.com or contact Cool Milk directly on 0844 854 2913