Parent Survey July 2019
Effective communication is key to ensuring a strong partnership between home and school. At BHPS, we are continually looking at ways to improve and enhance our provision to ensure the best possible experiences for our children and families. We regularly carry out parent, children and staff surveys to analyse our strengths and weaknesses and help set targets for improvement. We are always willing to listen to feedback and encourage parents to approach school if they have any issues, concerns or suggestions. There is also a Parent Suggestion Box in the school office.
The findings from the latest parent survey in July 2019 are summarised below. We were delighted at the very positive response in all areas. That being, we will continue to work to further development any areas where we feel we can do even better!
The School and its Ethos:
- 98% feel that the school is led and managed well.
- 100% feel the school is friendly and welcoming
- 100% feel that the staff treat their child fairly and politely
- 98% feel that their child is safe and well supported at school
- 98% feel that staff know their child as an individual
- 97% who expressed an opinion feel school helps different backgrounds to get on well
Teaching and Learning:
- 98% felt their child was gaining new skills that will help them in the future.
- 99% felt their child was encouraged to work hard and do their best.
- 97% felt that the teaching at school is good.
- 99% feel satisfied with their choice of our school
- 96% would recommend our school to a friend
Development Areas for this year:
- You felt that you would like to know more about the subjects children are studying – We are trying to communicate this more effectively.
- You felt that we could do more to make a positive contribution to our local community – it is one of our priorities this year to explore ways to contribute to and be more involved in our local community.